Some high points:
– a boiling hot but wickedly funny 50 Foot Wave tour…nice to see your shiny faces again
– Billy, Bodhi and I went to lovely London a whole mess o’ times…once to play with Patti Smith, Yoko Ono, Marianne Faithful, Sinead O’Connor and Tori Amos…a whole mess o’ womens. Yoko looked at me for 3 whole seconds (I counted) before skittering away with her entourage.
– celebrated my birthday with Vicky and Slim Cessna…thank you for all of your kind birthday wishes
– 4 days in Spain (!!) with Vic and Tina Chesnutt…what an amazing band they are now, with their niece Liz on bass and Tina playing drums…like the Velvets with Vic songs. Really great. Also great was Tina and Billy in a Barcelona grocery store pantomiming smashing chick peas into hummus for a confused crowd of Spaniards.
– 5 new 50 Foot Wave songs we’ll try to work into the fall set. Here’s what they’re called:
“Hot Pink, Distorted”
“The Fuschia Wall”
Now you’re caught up…kinda. More soon.
Posted in: words on August 18, 2005